How to do the Trick
- Throw a sleeper.
- Put your freehand index finger behind the string hanging down from your throwhand.
- Leaving your freehand stationary bring your throwhand down behind it, allowing the string to hinge over your freehand index finger.
- Put the string into the gap of the yo-yo like you would in Elevator, only this time put the yo-yo right in the middle of the string you have put into the gap.
- Still keeping your freehand stationary, bring your throwhand forward and up, extend your throwhand index finger and allow it to touch the strings above the sleeping yo-yo.
- This time leave your throwhand stationary, and pull your freehand forward, down, towards your body, and then back up. The yo-yo will follow it up, over and around your throwhand.
- This is the Brain Twister.
- To dismount bring your throwhand forward, away from the string, down underneath the yo-yo, back towards your body, and then up and over your freehand.
- This will leave you with a sleeper, at this point you can catch the yo-yo.