How to Tie a Slip Knot
It is important to know how to tie a slip knot. This is the knot used to attach the yo-yo to your hand.
To tie a slip knot:
- Fold over the string approximately one inch from the end of the string. The string will now be doubled up in that one-inch segment.
- Make this doubled-up string into a loop.
- Push the end of the fold through the loop.
- Pinch the fold in one hand and the end of the string (as well as the length of string next to it) in the other hand and pull tight.
- Now that you’ve tied the loop, open it up using your thumb and index finger.
- Grab a bit of string just beneath the knot that forms the loop.
- Pull the bit of string you are pinching through the loop.
- You now have a slip knot! All you have to do from here is put your finger into the slip knot loop you just made and you can start yo-yoing!